Changes we have made during covid-19
First and foremost, we would like to extend our thoughts and best wishes to those personally affected by the coronavirus outbreak – you are in our hearts and our minds. Furthermore, our greatest appreciation and admiration goes out to the medical practitioners working tirelessly around the clock.
Like most businesses, we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing of all clients – be they home owners, landlords or tenants.
We pride ourselves on the care we take of our valued clients, and our top priority is to remain safe, healthy and be flexible for our clients in these very challenging times.
Big changes have occurred in the way that we traditionally have conducted business and we’re adapting to these changes and making sure that your safety is our priority.
Accordingly, when arranging or conducting private appointments for both open homes, and rental inspections we will undertake the following:
- Check that the occupants are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine before arranging and attending.
- Arrange with the owner to prepare the property for contactless inspections. Have key drawers, pantries and wardrobes open and ready to view. Open as many doors and windows as possible to minimise the need for attendees to do the same. Attendees are to be encouraged not to touch.
- Single appointments of one attendees (or 2 from the same family) who must provide their details at the time of making the appointment.
- Arrange to have all surfaces of the home, including benchtops and door handles, wiped down with cleaning products.
- Have hand sanitiser available at the entry of the property.
- As a condition of entry, require attendees to indicate that they are not ill, self-isolating or under quarantine and have not returned from overseas or interstate in the last 14 days.
- Prohibit physical contact, including shaking hands.
- Observe ‘social distancing’ protocols of staying 1.5m away from others wherever possible.
- Limit inspection times, allowing 15-30 minutes for people to peruse the property.
- On completion, arrange to have any surfaces of the home that were touched wiped down with cleaning products.
If you have further concerns please call us, we always happy to talk.