Having been built in the late 1800’s, this absolutely charming colonial 2 bed, 1 bath workers cottage has everything you could possibly want within 5 minutes of this prized locality and is within walking distance of Brisbane CBD’s world class shopping centres, restaurants, cafés, markets and entertainment precincts. The café culture is thriving in the area and in nearby Paddington, Fortitude Valley, New Farm and West End.
The location is close to many of Brisbane’s leading secondary schools including Brisbane Grammar School, Brisbane Girls Grammar School, St James College, St Joseph’s College (Gregory Terrace), All Hallows Catholic Girls’ College and Brisbane Central State School. Its also perfectly located for access to QUT Kelvin Grove and the City campus’s and other tertiary institutions at Southbank.
Nearby services and facilities are numerous and include Centenary swimming pool and gymnasium complex, RNA Show grounds, Victoria Park golf course, tennis courts, Roma Street Parklands, St Andrews Private Hospital, Royal Brisbane Hospital and the medical specialists of Wickham Terrace.
At a glance:
* Late 1800’s colonial cottage
* 228m2 block, two street frontage (between Menzies St and Jessie St)
* Currently access is off Menzies St which allows for off-street parking for 1 car. If access was
created off Jessie St this would allow for another 2 cars off-street.
* Plans available for building in underneath and/or extending above – subject to council approval
* North facing rear deck
* Spacious kitchen with Miele split draw dishwasher, La Germania cooktop and oven, Maytag
double door stainless steel fridge, large pantry/storage cupboard, and soft closing draws
* Renovated bathroom with separate shower, glass shower screen, tiled floor, VJ walls, vanity with
Ceasarstone benchtop and benchtop sink
* Two spacious bedrooms – one with built in robe and the other with a freestanding robe and air con
* Front sunroom, study or sleepout (or this area could be converted back to the original verandah).
* All original features – VJ walls, polished timber floors, 12 ft ceilings
* Air-con in living areas (which cools the whole house) and main bedroom
* Laundry and separate toilet under the house
* Secure storage
* Fully concreted
* Generous sized yard with side gate and entrance path
* Terraced vegetable gardens at rear
* Water tank
* Fully fenced
Please call Narelle on 0413 177 796 for further information or to book an inspection.